Thursday, January 19, 2012

me again margaret... no one remembers that song... i alway quote it though

I always start with blah blah blah haven't blogged... blah blah blah. We all know it might be a while, but it is a new year and things can change. I am starting this things I love with some sappy stuff. READER BEWARE!

New years always get to me. I used to make resolutions and never kept them, I tried, but I have some sort of authority complex. Went to therapy and she fell asleep (another post sometime). Last year I made a sort of resolution. I said I would try to keep my mind open (no jokes on my ditziness please). So all year I really tried (TRIED keyword) to look at myself when judging others. I really wanted to say who cares! Let people be themselves as long as they don't hurt me or anyone else whey do we care? Who cares if the girl down the street's husband hit her. She made the choice to stay. Who cares if the guy at the Salon is GAY.... WHOOOO scary huh! Who cares if the lady in HEB has a crush on me? LOL

When it came to looking at others I stopped and looked at Mitzi. What do people see when they meet me? A crazy blonde (yes it is real LOL) who has two insane redheaded girls and one big nerdy hunky man? Or do they see a mom who adores her lil family, who loves art, loves all that is silly and funny and one who has her own skeletons in her closet?

That is what we all have right? If you are reading this and live in a glass house then just run for your life cause us screwed up folks are going to get you! bahhahahahah

I haven't been perfect at this resolution. I kept it to myself really. I didn't want to pressure. I did judge people when I shouldn't have, but it is really cause you are irritated with something in your own life or is it cause you are jealous your not as free or that someone pissed you off. It's okay we all do it, but the trick is to admit and try to change. It is a daily thing. I read facebook people! LOL

The point was to look at this is my life. My once chance to be MITZI MICHELLE HENRY BALES. I need to really try (TRY is the key word) to live up to that name. To be who I am and let others be who they are. If they judge me... yeah it might sting cause it is to close to home, but who really cares. Mamaw always said we all put our pants on one leg at a time... (I would always imagine this and wonder if she meant people without legs too... See I am screwed up... damn therapist)! LIVE AND LET LIVE PEOPLE LIFE IS SO VERY SHORT!

PS here is the link to the hello it's me again margaret.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPrQOiS_zLQ

1 comment:

  1. An old saying says: when you point your finger, remember there are 3 lookin' back at ya. There is much to be said out there about your topic and I appreciate your willingness to grow as a person by working on your own character.
    Look at John 7:24. There, Jesus tells us to judge, but to do so righteously. Righteously means to use the Truth of the Word to discern sins and not by appearances only. In 1Cor. 6:2-3 Jesus authorizes us to judge. Judge we must else we could not discern good from bad, proper from improper, righteousness from evil. But judge behavior, not the individual; the deed not the doer; the choice not the chooser. The individual/doer/chooser is accountable for his/her deed/choice, but judge the deed/choice in your judgment. Jesus could see a king in a shepherd boy. And an Apostle in a murderer, and a beautiful woman in Mitzi Michelle Henry Bales! So while we must judge one's behavior, we must try to nurture the goodness in an individual: to separate the deed from the doer.
    Keep up the good work. Keep sharing. Keep your Mawmaw's love and guidance for you alive by living out what you learned from her! Your children will thank you for it when they are mamas.

    ReplyDelete