Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hi my name is Mitzi and I am addicted to coupons.

Let's not get crazy though okay people. The extreme coupon show is just overboard, although I am jealous that they are that good. I am in week 3 or 4 now, saving on average about $40 on a grocery bill once a week. Pretty good I must say myself. It is overwhelming when you start, but once you start it is like a drug (child of the 70's here I know!)

Shout out to my sis in law Julie (aka J-Dog), she sent a few websites my way to help get me started. She is much better at this whole thing than me! The site she sent that I so LOVE is southernsavers.com you can go on the site and choose your store. Then make a shopping list that will include coupons you need to clip. She even gives you links to sites to get more coupons to print.

I also started shopping at CVS they have a card called extra bucks. I went and bought toothpaste for $2.77 per tube with a $.75 coupon, but with the card I got all that money back, so over $5 on my next purchase at CVS. The cashier told me to buy the toothpaste first then use the $5 back on the rest of my purchases. I am not a big CVS shopper, but hey free is free right?

The same week I got a big high from not just my CVS visit, but also went to target. There I bought 2 hair color kits (no it is not natural girls!) The hair color was $11.99 each, alot more than I usually spend. Target had a deal that if you bought two of them, you would get a $5 gift card. The site I use told me to go to target.com print a coupon for each $5 and there was a coupon for $5 off in the news paper, one from my paper and one my friend gave me. In the end I spent $1.99 on each hair color and got a $5 gift card. Not to bad for a first timer LOL!

Here is my tip to you! Watch TLC's Extreme Couponing for fun. Don't think oh crap how can I do that. If I can save $40 a week you can probably save more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment